Sunday, October 9, 2011

CRT19N GPRS/GSM/GPS Watch Tracker

Recently I purchased a CRT19N GPRS/GSM/GPS Watch Tracker from Daily Steals. Overall I'm pretty happy with the product, This device has a built in cell phone and can call two pre-programmed numbers. You can also send an SMS text to it and receive back a latitude and longitude along with a link for google maps. You have to purchase your own SIM card for the device along with a plan.

 The device has one bug, however. You can't set the timezone and it comes preprogrammed for Beijing time so it's useless as a watch.

7 comments:

fulgham said...

HELP I need help with this CRT19N GPS Watch! I can not find a customer service! Could you? What kind of SIM did you buy for yours? Do I need a cellphone provider? IS there a monthly cell phone bill? I wanted this to be bday present for my DD tomorrow but I cant figure it out. Can you help?
Thanks
Tabitha

R K Athey said...

I couldn't find any customer service either. I use AT&T but any company with a SIM card would do. I did unlimited for the first month ($50) but went down to pay-by-the-minute plan. I would suggest calling you cell carrier to see what they have available.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I know how to change the time zone.

Jonathan said...

Hey... Just to let you know, I got a SIM from truphone.com - very low cost, no monthly fees if you have a billable event every 90 days. Runs on TMobile's net in the US.

Anyway, this watch has a server upload component. I was wondering what server software this works with or if there is a cheap/free SAS provider that will collect my data?

Thanks.

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
R K Athey said...

It seems the server is a service of some sort that you subscribe to. Let me know if you discover differently.

ליאור said...

To configure time zone press the left-down key for 3 sec to enter setup menu. then loop to time zone configuration.