Sunday, December 23, 2012

Clearing the Rhythmbox database

So I've been at the music import thing for a while and am almost done placing my cherished songs on my Ubuntu system as well as Google Music. I've documented my journey in two other blog posts for those interested in the methodology.

I have a few albums left that aren't in the MusicBrainz database so those must be entered manually. Now I'm at the point of futzing with my music's tags and organization. 

I ran into a problem because once Rhythmbox has a song in its inventory it doesn't bother going back and rereading the tags. The solution to this was to delete the Rhythmbox database. It's located in 

~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml

Now my Southern Rock is Southern, my Alternative Rock is Alt, and my Classic Rock is truly Classic. It's also fun to watch the counters increment to my current collection size of 3062 songs. I have around 200 more to import and there are always stragglers hanging around the house and various family vehicles. 

This is been both a fun and fulfilling project that allows me to access my music from anywhere with a cell or internet connection.

Until next time.
Zack's Dad.

No comments: